Thursday, 22 December 2016

Suspicious Scales

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing right, but if my bathroom scales are to believed, I hit the 111.5kg mark this week. That leaves three weeks to get rid of the remaining 0.5kg to hit the overall target of 111kg. The interesting thing is that I haven't been trying exceptionally hard, albeit I've been generally disciplined in my eating (the odd Xmas chocolate aside) and have maintained moderate alcohol consumption (no drinking at all during the week). My step count has been pretty good apart from the days when I was forced to work from home due to train driver strikes.

This relative success following a period of stagnation is making me nervous that my scales are faulty, even though they are a fairly new digital se, so it will be interesting to see what my parents scales say at the weekend. The alternative theory is that I've hit a purple patch where the combination of calories and exercise is good for weight loss.

Tomorrow we're heading up to my hometown for Christmas, so the opportunity for overeating and not exercising will increase significantly. The key thing will be making sure I take a good walk each day and go easy on the sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment